Journal of Education & Social Policy

ISSN 2375-0782 (Print) 2375-0790 (Online) DOI: 10.30845/jesp

Library Herald Journal: A Bibliometric Study
Mahendra Kumar

This paper presents a bibliometric analysis of the journal titled “Library Herald” for the period between 2011 to 2014. The analysis cover mainly the number of articles, authorship pattern, subject wise distribution of articles, average number of references per articles, forms of documents cited, year wise distribution of cited journals etc. All the studies point towards the merits and weakness of the journal which will be helpful for its further development. The result showed that out of 114 articles single author contributed 65 (57.01%) articles while the rest 49 (42.98%) articles were contributed by joint authors. Study reveals that most of the contributions are from India with 89.47 % and the rest 10.52 % only from foreign sources.

Full Text: PDF